Provigil (modafinil), a medicine used to improve wakefulness in adults who are very sleepy due to sleep disorders such as narcolepsy, sleep apnea or shift work disorder. The drug is used to treat excessive sleepiness. It may only help the sleepiness but will not stop all your sleepiness. It is a wake-promoting agent which can cause and worsen heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
Adderall is a medication used to treat ADHDand narcolepsy. The drug is a combination of central nervous system stimulants such as amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. It helps to increase focus, ability to pay attention and control behavior. It is also used for the off-label purpose as study pill. There are frequent occurrences of adverse events with this pill even at doctor recommended dosage. It has growing negative effects among ADHD patients, adults as well as children.
Provigil and Adderall are also known as smart drugs which help you to focus and be more productive. The potency of these two drugs is a highly debated subject among its users and both these medications are now available from online portals due to the development of computers and the internet. There are reputed online portals which sell both these drugs to its customers and one among them is www.exlpharmacy.com, which sells the drugs with good quality with great discount price.
Summary of Provigil vs Adderall
- A drug with novel mechanism and fights fatigue. These are safer than amphetamines but are less effective in controlling the ADHD symptoms.
- Promotes wakefulness and arousal
- Treats sleep disorders.
- Mechanism of action involves GABA, catecholamines and gap junction between neurons.
- Is anti-fatigue agent.
- Sometimes used by those addicted to cocaine or amphetamines as replacement therapy.
- Common side effects include nausea, dizziness, headache.
- Contain different amphetamine salts.
- Enhances concentration
- Used to treat ADHD
- Promotes catecholamine release
- Comparatively more effective in treating ADHD symptoms
- Increases executive function
- More likely preferred drug for drug addicts due to dopamine rush it provides
- Common side effects include loss of appetite, fever, insomnia, weight loss
Provigil-Real magic pill
From the point of view of treating narcolepsy, neither of the drugs is superior to the other, as both are clinically effective and have proven them. From the side effects point, Provigil is better, as it tends to have fewer side effects and less potential for abuse and dependence especially when the medication is purchased from reputed online drugstores like http://www.buymodafinilrx.com/. On muscle tissues, Adderall has a catabolic effect, as a result, it burns muscles to make energy out of it which is not such a good thing.
To study hard, Adderall is abused by university students while Provigil also helps to achieve the same goal without screwing up your body. On one side are the supplements which are very healthy but are weak in effectiveness and on the other side are Adderall which is powerful but is very dangerous. While Provigil is powerful, it is not deemed risky or dangerous. Provigil is safer long term treatment option as compared to Adderall as abuse or dependence is not as common as in Adderall.
As compared to Provigil, the drug Adderall has a longer lasting effect, as a result, Adderall is universally more popular and more people have used Adderall than Provigil. While Provigil is more popular in treating narcolepsy.